Thursday, January 27, 2011

Got Perseverance?

The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground.’ ~ I’m not sure who said this, but it’s certainly something that cannot be recalled often enough – by me at least! Holding my ground, or ‘stick-to-it-iveness’, requires me to manage those emotions that want to pull me off track, distract me with other tasks undone including all that ‘must-do’ social media! I find the act of persevering sometimes needs some help, and a few deep, long breaths can be just the ticket – especially if they’re followed by a big smile. Really. This is not a Pollyanna suggestion, it really does help! Smiling activates some of those 'feel-good' endorphins that make our brains work better, more creatively, making sticking to something easier and more likely! Oh, there’s a great story about perseverance that also addresses self-acceptance called The Young Oak Tree. That story is on our Member Zone page. Check it out!

1 comment: